The duties of a Dental Assistant vary from practice to practice and even state to state. But for the most part, there’s a universal list of things that each Dental Assistant will be responsible for, and the Academy of Dental Careers is prepared to teach each of those items to our students!
• Ensure that patients are comfortable
• Prep patients and work area for any procedures
• Sterilize dental instruments
• Assist dentists during procedures
• Use suction hoses to keep patients’ mouths dry
• Communicate proper hygiene to patients
• Complete and process x-rays and other lab tasks
• Keep records of dental treatments for each patient
• Schedule appointments
At Academy of Dental Careers, we go above and beyond to not only teach you the basics of being a good Dental Assistant, but we include helpful information like how to use Dentrix, a common program dentists use for scheduling.
If you’d like more information about our Dental Assistant School, please text ADCLV to 72000 to set up a FREE online webinar with our Owner and Director!